Lifting Etiquette

In the sport of Olympic weightlifting there are a host of unspoken rules that each athletes must follows. These rules are passed on through generations due the necessity of honoring tradition and the importance of keeping the competition process consistent. Perhaps one of the most "sacred" areas that this lifting etiquette is applied is the warm up room. Athletes have their individual warm ups down to such a detailed science that almost every move is done with purpose.

Needless to say TSAC is no competitive weightlifting arena, nor do I hope to implement all of these rules. However, I did want to share them with you in hopes that you can take away some of the common courticies that might be unseen in the novice lifter. A long time competitive Weightlifter turned accomplished coach, Bob Takano wrote a great piece on how to behave in the warm up room. Which ones would you like to see implemented? Click HERE to download.

On a separate note - the hoodie designs are in. Please let me know which one you guys would like to see produced. Below are the two options:

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday:

A. 4x400m Intervals (90sec rest b/w sprints)
B. EMOM 15 min
(3) snatches @70%
(5) burpees

 


57 Comments
  1. January 16, 2013 @ 8:54 pm

    Charlie

    Nice I like them both and the color scheme but if I had to choose I like the bottom one the best, but both good designs

  2. January 16, 2013 @ 8:57 pm

    Leibs

    Right one!

  3. January 16, 2013 @ 9:05 pm

    Javier Angel

    Both are sweet, either one sir

  4. January 16, 2013 @ 10:05 pm

    Javier Angel

    Both are sweet, either one sir

  5. January 16, 2013 @ 10:05 pm

    Javier Angel

    Both are sweet, either one sir

  6. January 16, 2013 @ 9:06 pm

    Jenny's John

    Bottom Design for us both please ;D you hurry up and buy!! Haha!

  7. January 16, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Jenny's John said:
    Bottom Design for us both please ;D you hurry up and buy!! Haha!
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:06 pm on January 16, 2013]

  8. January 16, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Jenny's John said:
    Bottom Design for us both please ;D you hurry up and buy!! Haha!
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:06 pm on January 16, 2013]

  9. January 16, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Charlie said:
    Nice I like them both and the color scheme but if I had to choose I like the bottom one the best, but both good designs
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 8:54 pm on January 16, 2013]

  10. January 16, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Charlie said:
    Nice I like them both and the color scheme but if I had to choose I like the bottom one the best, but both good designs
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 8:54 pm on January 16, 2013]

  11. January 16, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

    Jason O

    I like the bottom design.

  12. January 16, 2013 @ 9:22 pm

    Aaron S.

    Frankly, I want one of each. I'm sure this revelation will prove helpful in the decision making process so...you're welcome.

  13. January 16, 2013 @ 9:27 pm

    5am Jason

    Nice designs. Prefer the KB.

  14. January 16, 2013 @ 9:39 pm

    Hairyson

    I like the soviet design...

  15. January 16, 2013 @ 9:51 pm

    Taline

    The etiquette I would like to see implemented at TSAC asap is people can choose wherever they want to put their barbells without others telling them its their spot...I mean geeze talk about claiming real estate....oh wait...

  16. January 16, 2013 @ 10:05 pm

    Karlito

    I second the nomination by Hairyson to keep the USSR alive. Bottom one!

  17. January 16, 2013 @ 10:07 pm

    Emily Such

    I like the bottom one as well

  18. January 16, 2013 @ 11:07 pm

    Emily Such

    I like the bottom one as well

  19. January 16, 2013 @ 11:07 pm

    Emily Such

    I like the bottom one as well

  20. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Taline said:
    The etiquette I would like to see implemented at TSAC asap is people can choose wherever they want to put their barbells without others telling them its their spot...I mean geeze talk about claiming real estate....oh wait...
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:51 pm on January 16, 2013]

  21. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Taline said:
    The etiquette I would like to see implemented at TSAC asap is people can choose wherever they want to put their barbells without others telling them its their spot...I mean geeze talk about claiming real estate....oh wait...
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:51 pm on January 16, 2013]

  22. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Hairyson said:
    I like the soviet design...
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:39 pm on January 16, 2013]

  23. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Hairyson said:
    I like the soviet design...
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:39 pm on January 16, 2013]

  24. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Jason O said:
    I like the bottom design.
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:09 pm on January 16, 2013]

  25. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Jason O said:
    I like the bottom design.
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:09 pm on January 16, 2013]

  26. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Aaron S. said:
    Frankly, I want one of each. I'm sure this revelation will prove helpful in the decision making process so...you're welcome.
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:22 pm on January 16, 2013]

  27. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Aaron S. said:
    Frankly, I want one of each. I'm sure this revelation will prove helpful in the decision making process so...you're welcome.
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:22 pm on January 16, 2013]

  28. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    5am Jason said:
    Nice designs. Prefer the KB.
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:27 pm on January 16, 2013]

  29. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    5am Jason said:
    Nice designs. Prefer the KB.
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:27 pm on January 16, 2013]

  30. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Leibs said:
    Right one!
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 8:57 pm on January 16, 2013]

  31. January 16, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Leibs said:
    Right one!
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 8:57 pm on January 16, 2013]

  32. January 16, 2013 @ 10:13 pm

    Christine

    i like the new design :)

  33. January 17, 2013 @ 12:07 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Christine said:
    i like the new design :)
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 10:13 pm on January 16, 2013]

  34. January 17, 2013 @ 12:07 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Christine said:
    i like the new design :)
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 10:13 pm on January 16, 2013]

  35. January 17, 2013 @ 12:07 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Karlito said:
    I second the nomination by Hairyson to keep the USSR alive. Bottom one!
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 10:05 pm on January 16, 2013]

  36. January 17, 2013 @ 12:07 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Karlito said:
    I second the nomination by Hairyson to keep the USSR alive. Bottom one!
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 10:05 pm on January 16, 2013]

  37. January 17, 2013 @ 4:54 am

    Valerie

    Kettlebell :-)

  38. January 17, 2013 @ 6:08 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Valerie said:
    Kettlebell :-)
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 4:54 am on January 17, 2013]

  39. January 17, 2013 @ 6:08 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Valerie said:
    Kettlebell :-)
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 4:54 am on January 17, 2013]

  40. January 17, 2013 @ 7:58 am

    Brian Paxton

    second one for me

  41. January 17, 2013 @ 9:11 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Brian Paxton said:
    second one for me
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 7:58 am on January 17, 2013]

  42. January 17, 2013 @ 9:11 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Brian Paxton said:
    second one for me
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 7:58 am on January 17, 2013]

  43. January 17, 2013 @ 8:26 am

    Lisa u

    Second one

  44. January 17, 2013 @ 9:51 am

    Kevin Goolsby

    Like the one on the left

  45. January 17, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Kevin Goolsby said:
    Like the one on the left
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:51 am on January 17, 2013]

  46. January 17, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Kevin Goolsby said:
    Like the one on the left
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:51 am on January 17, 2013]

  47. January 17, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Lisa u said:
    Second one
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 8:26 am on January 17, 2013]

  48. January 17, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Lisa u said:
    Second one
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 8:26 am on January 17, 2013]

  49. January 17, 2013 @ 12:56 pm

    Patty S.

    the new design!!! :)

  50. January 17, 2013 @ 2:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Patty S. said:
    the new design!!! :)
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 12:56 pm on January 17, 2013]

  51. January 17, 2013 @ 2:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Patty S. said:
    the new design!!! :)
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 12:56 pm on January 17, 2013]

  52. January 17, 2013 @ 8:14 pm

    Walle

    Kettle bell fist

  53. January 17, 2013 @ 10:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Walle said:
    Kettle bell fist
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 8:14 pm on January 17, 2013]

  54. January 17, 2013 @ 10:09 pm

    CrossFit TSAC

    Walle said:
    Kettle bell fist
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 8:14 pm on January 17, 2013]

  55. January 18, 2013 @ 9:36 am

    Fallon

    Kettlebell

  56. January 18, 2013 @ 11:08 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Fallon said:
    Kettlebell
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:36 am on January 18, 2013]

  57. January 18, 2013 @ 11:08 am

    CrossFit TSAC

    Fallon said:
    Kettlebell
    [[Comment imported from TSAC blog] at 9:36 am on January 18, 2013]

LEAVE A COMMENT

All rights reserved CrossFit TSAC, 2011