Starting a new fitness program of any type can be an intimidating process...
Will the people like me? Will I be the only new person? etc.
To top it off you've decided to start CrossFit, one of the most intense physical fitness programs around today... right? Well, sort of...
Here are a few FAQ's and additional thoughts you should keep in mind when you start CrossFit:
- What you do may be different then what other people are doing - At CrossFit TSAC our coaches scale the WOD's to your individuals skill level. The goal is to match the intensity of the workout with your abilities. So, your not going to walk in and get hit will the most awe-inspiring workout you've ever done....
- Try before you buy - We offer a complementary week for all who wish to come in and get a feel for our coaching/programming. We feel its very important to experience our product before you decide to join.
- We don't have contracts - If you like what we do, and like what we are making you do - then join. We don't lock you in to any sort of commitment. We only want you here if you want to be here... We just bill you monthly till you decide otherwise.
- All the people at your gym are so fit! - Guess what, 99% of them started off right where you are, Brand New. Everyone starts somewhere, knowing this - we are make sure your individual fitness level is addressed as you start each workout. Our goal is to build you up to a point of complete fitness. It wouldn't be very productive to have you jump on the treadmill going 100 miles per hour.
- What is your schedule? - Our schedule is online and can be found by clicking HERE. No need to sign up, just drop in to any of the available classes.
- I want to get in shape before starting CrossFit - Unfortunately, this never works, CrossFit is something that you simply must do to get accustomed to. Besides taking in the account the first point, it would be counter productive. Our job is to get you in shape using CrossFit as the tool, trust me -- we are good at it.
- Will I hurt myself - While we can't guarantee that injuries won't happen, the movements we do have been proven safe for decades. There are less injuries per athlete in Olympic weightlifting there are in Professional Basketball. In addition, our coaches have years of experience scaling workouts to your current fitness level.